I saw this list on an Instagram post and felt it worth sharing.
1. Now and then, break out the fancy china and drink the good wine for no reason at all
2. Dance at weddings until your feet are sore
3. Tell your partner you love them every night before falling asleep. Someday you’ll find the other side of the bed empty and wish you could.
4. Don’t fear sadness, as it tends to sit right next to love.
5. Treat your body like a house you have to live in for another 70- years.
6. Never raise your voice, except for at a ballgame.
7. Do one good deed every single day, but never tell anyone about it.
8. Time doesn’t heal anything when it comes to relationships. Don’t delay difficult conversations.
9. Find the things that make your eyes light up. Do more of those.
10. Always remind yourself that your track record for making it through your bad days is perfect.
11. If something has a minor issue, repair it. Minor issues become major issues over time. Applies equally to love, friendships, health, and home.
12. The most damning lie you can tell is the lie you tell to yourself.
13. Noe one have ever argued their way to happiness.
14. If you’re going to lose a fight, make sure the other person thinks twice before fighting you again.
15. Getting old is no picnic, but it’s much better than the alternative.
16. You may occasionally disappoint others, but make sure to never disappoint yourself.
17. Never let a good friendship atrophy .Send the text, make the call, plan the trip. Good friendships must be treasured.
18. When you meet someone, look them in the eye, give a firm handshake, and call them by their name.
19. Give everybody a second chance, but never a third.
20. The “good old days” are always happening right now.
21. When you hug someone, make sure they are the one to let go first.
22. If it’s raining on a warm summer evening, go outside and dance in it.
23. Taking no risk is the biggest risk you can take. Regret from inaction is always more painful than regret from action.
24. It doesn’t have to be perfect for it to be wonderful.
25. When in doubt, love. We can always use more love.
26. Looking presentable is a matter of self-respect.
27. When you’re feeling down, smile at yourself in the mirror for a full minute.
28. Travel as much as you can. Collect one token from every trip to remember it by.
29. If there’s something bothering you, ask yourself whether it will matter in one month. If not, let it go right now.
30. Stop trying to chance people who don’t want to be changed.
31. You may win the argument, but if you lose the friend, what was the point?
32. Stubborn pride is the downfall of many men and women. Learn to forget the slight hurts and avoid grudges.
33. Do one thing that challenges your mind every single day. A crossword puzzle, math problem, anything. Daily “:exercise” will keep your mind sharp for the long haul.
34. If something isn’t working and your gut tells you to try harder, first ask whether there’s just an easier way to do it.
35. Allow your kids to fail. You will hate it, but it’s so important.
36. There’s nothing wrong with shedding old relationships as you grow and change.
37. No amount of money is ever worth trading for your peace of mind.
38. If your kid wants to dance in line at the store, join them.
39. Smile and say good morning to strangers on the street.
40. Laugh loudly and unapologetically whenever you feel like it.